- February: We deliver to our first retailer: Super Casuals in Geneva, NY.
- March, April: Shipments for early spring orders roll out.
- May 21: A fire in a part of the factory causes damage to some finished goods, raw materials, shelving and machinery. Cleanup and factory restoration promptly begins; production shortly thereafter. http://www.fltimes.com/news/local/article_7c9c506e-a4e1-11e1-9cc3-001a4bcf887a.html
- June 5: Shipments resume.
- October: After a good debut season, Vere sees significant jump in prebook orders for Spring ‘13.
- Beginning next round of capital raise to cover materials and costs for next season.
- March: Unsuccessful financing round limits availability of styles and colors offered for Spring ‘12 season. Prebook orders were adjusted to sell available product, shipped incomplete, or cancelled.
- June - July: Make or break time for financing. Sales at retailers, however, continue to be strong.
- August: Reflecting good sell-through, at once orders continued at retailers through the fall.
- Refreshed product lineup.
- September: Restructured long term debt and signed a manufacturing partnership with ARC of Yates. These efforts combined to improve cash-flow to strengthen operations covering anticipated growth in the short and mid-terms.
- In an effort to close the loop, Vere has decided to replace traditional petroleum-based materials (Rubber and EVA) for midsoles and outsoles with highly recyclable and equally comfortable and durable PLUSfoam.
- January: Surf Expo - Our presence marked a solid return to the market with full availability of our product line.